How many years have you been dreaming about your big day?
A stunning wedding dress that fits like a glove, a spectacular venue, delicious food and drink and all of your loved ones in one room.
There is one thing that can sometimes be overlooked – the bridal hair – most people do have an idea on whether they would like it in a neat up do or in tumbling curls however more often than not the details have not been thought about clearly.
Choosing your hairstyle and ensuring it goes exactly to plan is just as important as all of the other arrangements for your wedding day, after all it is usually the finishing touches that make all the difference. Take the stress out of the morning of your wedding by taking a look at our Top Tips:
- After skimming an endless amount of bridal magazines and scrolling through Pinterest boards make sure you have a clear idea of what sort of style you want and be sure to bring all of the clippings and ideas with you on the day.
- If you’re wearing a veil or headpiece make sure you bring it along to the trial with you. Your stylist will need to make sure it works with whichever hair style you choose
- As a general rule, don’t wash your hair on the day of your trial or wedding. Up-dos in particular usually keep their hold when the hair is not freshly cleaned – really important if you want those curls to stay in place right to the last song on the dance floor!
Get your date booked in as early as you can
- Although it may seem silly booking a stylist 6 months in advance, we really recommend you get it booked in as soon as you have your date. Saturday mornings in particular can be like gold dust in a salon so don’t miss out on having your favourite stylist by not booking soon enough.
- A lot of salons may offer an in house service to save you travelling to the salon on the morning of your wedding so make sure you check when you make the booking.
- Before your wedding day avoid testing any new colours or cuts on your hair. If you’re not happy with the shade or the cut doesn’t work with the bridal hair style you’ve chosen it could make for an unhappy bride – you’ll be looking back at your wedding photos for years to come so don’t risk it
On the day
As you have been sensible and arranged everything in advance, the morning of your wedding is left for you to sit back, be pampered, preened and enjoy the moment with you family and bridesmaids. However there are just a couple of things you should think about:
- On the day of your wedding wear a shirt or a top with a large neckline to ensure when you change into your wedding dress your hairstyle stays in tact
- If your bridesmaids are also having their hair done by the stylist, make sure you are first in line. Although you may think it would be better to have it done last so it holds longer and is freshly done just before the photographs, time usually fly’s by and the last person is often the most rushed.
VK Hair Stylings sole objective is to make you look and feel amazing on the most important day of your life, let us take care of everything for you to make your big day stress free.